The following day (Wednesday, 16-Jan-2008) after returning from the trip in Naga City, I took a 5:30am flight bound for Tacloban City. Again, I have to make another round of Business Process presentation with my client's local Sales, Finance and Logistics group.

The rain had just stopped when the plane landed in Tacloban airport - which is a small airstrip right beside the shoreline of Tacloban City. After about 15 minutes drive, I was already in Mac Arthur Park Beach Resort, in Palo, Leyte where I will be staying for a night before flying back to Manila the next day. This was also the venue of the 6-day new Sales and Distribution system training conducted by one of our team of Consultants assigned in Eastern Visayas area.

I took some pictures with Uncle Douglas, whom I had a picture when I passed by Palo, Leyte 12 years ago. Gen. MacArthur looks snappy and clean this time. LOL.

I stayed in room 315, fronting the Seminar Hall and the swimming pool, and a few yards from the beach front. The room looked creepy, with all the ancient furnishings, and gloomy lighting. It has two big beds.

Good thing the Plant GM took us around that night. We had dinner at Stephanies, and I loved the food - fresh seafoods, shells and some sea weeds salad - yummy.

I had a feeling Gen. MacArthur would visit me that night - perhaps, yelling " Hey, wake up, I have returned!" Hahaha. I would probably prefer a visit from Uncle Douglas rather than a visit with Gen. Yamashita or some Japanese Officer or General who died in the area when the Americans bombed and beached this site during World War II.

Here are some of the pictures I took during this trip.








0 comments